Achieve a Dramatically Younger Appearance with a Necklift
Loose skin and drooping neck muscles may seem like a minor concern, but they can have a dramatic effect on your overall appearance. In fact, your neck is one of the first places where you may begin to show the signs of age. Necklift surgery, performed by Dr. Azita Madjidi, can help you achieve the slim, well-defined neck that is typically associated with youth and beauty. When you undergo a necklift at our Houston clinic, you will benefit from our personalized, compassionate approach. Contact us today to learn more about necklifts and to find out how this procedure can enhance your appearance and self-confidence.
Candidates for Necklift Surgery
Good candidates for a necklift should be in good physical health. There is no upper age limit for necklift surgery. However, for optimal aesthetic results, you should have healthy skin with some elasticity. You should also be able to undergo anesthesia without any adverse side effects. Additional considerations include:
- Smoking: Smoking can impair the healing process and increase your risk for unfavorable scarring. If you are a current smoker, you should stop for at least two weeks before and two weeks after your necklift.
- Medications: Certain medications can affect the healing process. Your primary physician may be able to prescribe an alternative before your procedure.
- Reasonable expectations: Before any type of plastic surgery, you should have a good understanding of what the procedure can and cannot accomplish. Dr. Madjidi will help you understand what you can expect from your necklift.
The Necklift Procedure
Dr. Madjidi can perform necklifts under local or general anesthesia. She will explain your options at your initial consultation, and help you select the right type of sedation for your needs. After administering sedation, she will make several small incisions. Typically, these are located under the chin, but she may create incisions behind your ears, as well. Then she will lift and tighten your neck muscles. She may also use liposuction to eliminate unwanted fat cells. When she has thoroughly enhanced the contours of your neck, she will drape the skin over the new shape. If necessary, she will remove excess skin before closing up the incisions. Thanks to her incredibly precise techniques, any remaining scars will be virtually undetectable.
Recovery and Results
Following your necklift, you should plan to take 10 to 14 days off from work. You should also avoid strenuous activity during this time, and you should wear a compression bandage for at least a week. The bandage will speed the healing process and help your skin adhere to the new contours of your neck. Some swelling and minimal discomfort is normal. You can typically control these side effects with mild over-the-counter pain medication.
As swelling subsides, you will notice the stunning results of your necklift. These results could include:
- Contouring of the skin that hangs just below your chin
- Reduced jowls
- A slimmer chin
- An overall tauter, more youthful neck
- A boost of self-confidence
Learn More about Necklift Surgery
Find out how a necklift can benefit you. Contact Dr. Madjidi’s office today to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
by Azita Madjidi